Wake up to the sounds of roaring breakers pounding in the distance, the smell of the ocean wafting through your room. This is paradise and it’s waiting for you. Mdumbi Ocean View is set in a remote region of the former Transkei Coast, elevated approximately 50 meters above sea level. This is genuinely a fisherman’s paradise with untouched reserves of fish and pristine coastline. We invite you to an experience of a lifetime.
Please note, this is not a commercialized part of the coast. There are no highways, shopping centres or rush hour traffic. When you visit our cottages be prepared to find peace and tranquility, far from the beaten track.
We have a drawn up a list of things to bring with and also indicated the services we provide at the lodge. The area is quite remote, so please make sure you are well stocked with all amenities unless you want to drive back to the nearest trading store.
- Cash for buying crayfish / fish / prawns / baskets / paying hired help.
- Towels, blankets and linen are not provided, take you own.
- Toiletries are not provided including toilet paper.
- Detergents are not provided, take your own Sunlight , dish clothes are available.
- The fridge is gas and 265 litre with a small freezer space. There is no charge.
- All cutlery and crockery is provided.
- LED lights offer light and cell phone charging, but bring candles and matches in case of over cast days.
- Charcoal is a must for the braai area.
- All your food.
- The local spaza does have bread milk and plenty necessities, Ngeleni has a SPAR (+- 50 km drive).
- Fishing tackle / diving equipment / scrambler / bicycle / boat / books.
- Rain coat and umbrella for the weather days, foot-ware for the rocky parts of the beach or hiking.
- A gilly is available for fishing, Your host will arrange the fisherman for you. Your rate is determined by the time he is out with you and how much he carries, he needs to be fed if out for more than 5 hours or if the fishing extends into the night.
- Baby sitters are available and must also be fed.
- Organic waste is disposed of by us, we request guests take plastics, glass and tins with them to the dump just before one enters Ngeleni.
- The ablution block has 2 showers, and 2 flush toilets.
- Hot water comes from a solar geyser.
- Bottled water is not available and must be brought by the guests.
Please visit our BnB Accommodation. Ironwood Lodge, situated along the South Coast in Pennington, Kwazulu-Natal.